The Girl Who Played With Fire

I recently took up reading Stieg Larsson’s Millennium series again and finished The Girl Who Played with Fire. I read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo about a year ago but you all know how I am, I will drag out a series for forever to prolong its’ life.

Anyways, super busy so I’m going to keep this short and sweet. I really enjoyed Larsson’s follow up to Tattoo, so much so that I went right out and got book three from the library. Never you mind that I haven’t so much as cracked the book since then. There are just so many other books to read! My co-worker lent me The Walking Dead, Compendium One and I always feel obligated to read the books that people lend me before starting any others. Not to mention The Walking Dead book is pretty bad ass!
So back to The Girl Who Played with Fire. Here’s the thing, I loved that this one didn’t have all of the Swedish financial crap that the first one had in it and I loved learning more about Lisbeth Salander’s life. However, I preferred the mystery that surrounded Tattoo so much more! The mystery in book two was just so so. Of course that didn’t stop me from devouring the bloody book every free second I had! And that’s that.
Bottom Line: If you read the first book of the series of course you should read the second. If you haven’t read the series yet, Start! Seriously, it’s worth it just for the movies and Daniel Craig.
And onto the next . . . I recently finished Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip - Confessions of a Cynical Waiter by Steve Dublanica.

0 comments:

Post a Comment