Top Ten Books on My Summer TBR List

Work and planning for the big move to DC have taken a toll on my blog and instead of catching up on reviewing all of the books I’ve recently read, I’m doing a  Top Ten Tuesday! Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

This week the topic is:
The Top Ten Books on my Summer TBR List
1.  The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
I’m pretty sure everyone has at least heard of this book, if not read it. Well, I’ve decided to give it a go because I’m in love with Emma Watson and she’ll be in the movie adaption of the book coming out this fall. It was also one of the books in my $6.00 library book fair haul. Say “what?!”
2. Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper
I’m crazy excited for this book which is told from the perspective of a girl who can neither speak nor move but who’s mind is actually brilliant. Her story sounds haunting and it’s from such a unique perspective that I can’t help but be eager to start reading it. P.S. it also helps that critics and book lovers alike are raving about this novel.
3. Let’s Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson
The infamous Bloggess always cracks me up when I read her blog so there is no way I can pass up a book that promises to be just as funny.
4. The Monster of Florence by Douglas Preston
The description of the book reads: In the nonfiction tradition of John Berendt ("Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil") and Erik Larson ("The Devil in the White City") . . . Um can you say hooked?? Mentioning not one, but two of my favorite books ever is a sure fire way to get me to want to read this book. And as if that wasn’t enough my Best Friend in the whole world recommended it to me and then sent me the book. Score! Will be reading this very soon!
5. The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen
Another book in my library book fair haul, this book seems like it’ll be the perfect sit by the pool, easy cheesy read.
6. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
I am a huge history buff and I’m especially intrigued with the American Civil War which is why it’s nuts that I haven’t read this book yet. Worry not, I’m tackling this bad boy this summer.
7. Revenge of the Radioactive Lady by Elizabeth Stuckey-French
Having just finished The Count of Monte Cristo I’m all about revenge this summer. Here’s a snippet of the book’s description: “Seventy-seven-year-old Marylou Ahearn is going to kill Dr. Wilson Spriggs come hell or high water. In 1953, he gave her a radioactive cocktail without her consent as part of a secret government study that had horrible consequences. “ Sounds awesome!
8. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest Stieg Larsson
Confession time: I put off finishing a series because once I finish it that’s it. Well, it’s been a year or so since I started this series and I feel like it’s time to finish it.
9. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien
I fell in love with George R.R. Martin’s Game of Thrones series so I’m hoping these books can transport me as well.
10. The Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys
I recently read Jane Eyre and adored it so when a friend mentioned there was a book which captures the story of the Rochester’s crazy wife I knew it had to be added to my TBR list.
 
(Note: I’m also pretty pleased with myself because I actually have 6 out of 10 of these books waiting for me at home. Go Me!)


               

4 comments:

Peppermint Ph.D.

ok, you and I have to commit to complete the Larsson trilogy...the man is dead and we have to accept it ;) Lisbeth Salander, however, is waiting for us! ;)

Lesley

This is a great list! I hope you're able to get through them this summer!

yarereviews

oh gosh! I haven't read The Perks of Being A Wallflower either. Must read it before the movie :D
My Top Ten Tuesday: http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/06/top-ten-tuesday-summer-to-be-read.html

lillylilac

I love Perks of Being a Wallflower and Gone with the Wind is a book I want to read as well but for very differnt reasons.

Post a Comment